Current available positions are below:
SSVF Case Manager: Connect clients to needed services; advocate for clients with other service providers. Conduct client assessments to determine needs with a focus on housing stability. Collaborate with other team members in order to increase successful outcomes. Assist client with navigating social service systems such as Social Security Administration and Veterans Administration. Develop and maintain community resources throughout multicounty system that address a wide range of veteran and their family’s needs. Perform related responsibilities or activities as directed.
- Minimum Requirements: Extensive knowledge of resources for area served. Skillful with conflict resolution/mediation. Ability to quickly build rapport with clients from various backgrounds. Must possess good computer skills and be able to enter data into HMIS system as required. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with multidisciplinary team, participating agencies and those agencies that provide community resources. Ability to work independently, yet closely with a core team. Must have the ability to be flexible and adapt to change. Experience with veterans is strongly preferred Minimum educational requirement is bachelors degree. Preference for education, social service, and/or criminal justice degree. Minimum of 2 years professional related experience is required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. Bilingual preferred not required.
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday (some evenings and weekends, flexibility in scheduling required)
- Closing Date: April 9, 2013 or until filled
Resident Assistant – Weekend Overnights – Altamont Safe Haven: The Resident Assistant for the Mental Health Association provides a wide range of duties in support of the residents of the Altamont Safe Haven. These duties include working with formerly homeless individuals with mental illnesses and co-occurring disorders. Duties also include overseeing the overnight operations of the Altamont Safe Haven, which includes updating files, overseeing chores and routines of housing residents and interacting with residents.
- Minimum Requirements: High school diploma required, Bachelors degree preferred, experience working with homeless people as well as those with mental illness preferred, good interpersonal skills, current Adult First Aid and CPR certifications a plus
- Hours: 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m., Saturday and Sunday
- Closing Date: June 1, 2013
Drop-In Center Peer Specialist: Responsible for providing information and support for adults with mental illness in a recreational, stigma-free, non-treatment focused environment by serving as a peer advocate. Position will be responsible for development and implementation of a wide range of educational services, support groups, recreational events and social activities to assist program participants in establishing a health and active social life through strength-based recovery processes.
- Minimum Requirements: Funding of position requires that applicant have a mental illness and be willing to self-disclose; High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, public health or related field preferred; degree in social work, psychology, public health, or related field; must have at least one year experience in working with the mentally ill population and knowledge in the area of co-occurring health recovery and have participated in a local or national consumer advocacy group. Knowledge of community resources related to mental health, mental illness, and disability required; should have experience navigating the community mental health systems providing referrals. Good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products needed. Must be a dedicated team player.
- Hours: Each position will be 20 hours per week. The Drop-In Center hours will be from 11 a.m. – 7 p. m. Tuesday through Thursday, and 12 noon to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Actual hours worked may vary from week to week. Flexibility in scheduling is required; due to nature of drop-in center, position will require working some holidays.
- Closing Date: June 1, 2013
For more information about employment, please email email@example.com